A young Chicano battles insanity in a surreal world where everyone endlessly relives humankind’s abandoned dreams. Except for him. Will VN vet fraggers, Lenny Bruce, a Midget Godzilla, vampires, Neanderthals, a Black leper, Marilyn Monroe, Che, and Chrisie the Bruiser prove foes or allies? When the rebellious captive discovers special powers, his desire to escape contends with empathy for the Dreampeople. But can he create his own identity and rally them to overcome the Closet’s cataclysmic secret?
Available September 2012
Contact the Author
- Things I do in a new story to dignify Chicano characters
- How woodworking led to a kids’ fantasy story
- The State of Latino Speculative Literature, 2015
- Things that guide my writing
- Any publicity is good? Sometimes, maybe not.
- A Chicana’s spec novel I recommend.
- New review & 2 days left to win a copy
- one sign of where Latino spec-lit is heading