How the Anglos need the Latinos to convince Obama about XL Pipeline
This was too long to Tweet and is in my latest YA fantasy.
A teen’s poem about the anguish of young people facing global warming, endless wars, economic dystopia in their futures, etc.
“My toy world’s broken.
My buddies tears bleed.
Our natural dreams twisted,
Drowned in a smog of ugly End.
For kids to still make-believe,
To giggle and glow,
Our future’s not just now.
Our forever’s now,
crying for. . . .”
Here’s what I did today.
A young Chicano battles insanity in a surreal world where everyone endlessly relives humankind’s abandoned dreams. Except for him. Will VN vet fraggers, Lenny Bruce, a Midget Godzilla, vampires, Neanderthals, a Black leper, Marilyn Monroe, Che, and Chrisie the Bruiser prove foes or allies? When the rebellious captive discovers special powers, his desire to escape contends with empathy for the Dreampeople. But can he create his own identity and rally them to overcome the Closet’s cataclysmic secret?
Available September 2012
Contact the Author
- 6 SF/F authors workshop – L.A. Wed 4/30
- Chicano fiction author adds voice to stopping XL Pipeline
- I’d appreciate your input on this; be brutally honest.
- Almost done
- A latina’s perspective on spec lit
- latest blog on spec lit and art
- blazing a trail into literary dialogue
- Magic Realists, Chicano sci-fi, Bacigalupi, Publishers open to latinos?